November Plan Deadlines for retirement plans and other employee benefits.
Fulcrum Partners is pleased to share the following report, prepared by the Employee Benefits group at Isler Dare PC: Checklist of November Plan Deadlines for Retirement, Medical, and Other Plans.
As we enter November, we wanted to remind you of some key deadlines for benefit plans.
Deadline November 15, 2021
- Confirm 401(k)/403(b) plan recordkeepers have provided third quarter benefit statements to participants, including fee disclosure information
- File Form 990 returns for tax-exempt trusts or VEBAs[i] if Form 8868 was filed to extend due date
- Distribute Summary Annual Reports to participants if Form 5500 deadline was extended due to a corporate tax filing extension
- Distribute SBCs[ii] to participants for each group health plan option that is offered. In addition, unless previously provided during open enrollment or at some other time this Fall, the following documents should be provided to employees and other required recipients: (i) an updated CHIP[iii] notice; (ii) the annual notice required under the Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act; (iii) a Medicare Part D notice; (iv) a notice of “grandfathered plan status” under the ACA[iv] (if applicable); (v) a HIPAA [v] Notice of Privacy Practices for any self-funded plans, or a statement describing the availability of the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices and where the notice can be accessed; (vi) the ADA[vi] wellness plan notice (if applicable); (vii) the notice required under ACA Section 1557 (if applicable); (viii) Michelle’s Law notice (if student status is used to determine eligibility for any purpose); (ix) an ACA notice regarding choice of providers; (x) the COBRA[vii] general notice; and (xi) the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program notice (if applicable)
- Conduct annual open enrollment
- Hold quarterly meeting of Benefits Committee to review investment performance, fees, plan administration data, and plan operational issues for quarter ending September 30
[i] Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association
[ii] Summary of Benefits and Coverage
[iii] Children’s Health Insurance Program
[iv] Affordable Care Act
[v] Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
[vi] Americans with Disabilities Act
[vii] Continuation of Health Coverage
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, accounting, legal or tax advice. Any tax advice contained herein is of a general nature. You should seek specific advice from your tax professional before pursuing any idea contemplated herein.
Securities offered through Lion Street Financial, LLC (LSF) and Valmark Securities, Inc. (VSI), each a member of FINRA and SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through CapAcuity, LLC; Lion Street Advisors, LLC (LSF) and Valmark Advisers, Inc. (VAI), each an SEC registered investment advisor. Please refer to your investment advisory agreement and the Form ADV disclosures provided to you for more information. VAI/VSI, LSF and CapAcuity, LLC. are non-affiliated entities and separate entities from OneDigital and Fulcrum Partners.
Unless otherwise noted, VAI/VSI, LSF are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any other company, agency or government agency identified or referenced in this document.